TikTok was a popular video-sharing platform before it was banned in India. Though there are ways to access this app even after the ban, we would strongly discourage it. While users will be able to access the TikTok app, it will still be illegal to use it in India due to the ban. Therefore, we would recommend users try out one of these TikTok alternatives instead.
However, if users are curious, we will explain how the app can be accessed. Readers must keep in mind that this article is for information purposes only.
How To Unlock TikTok App After India Ban?
There are multiple ways that users can surpass the ban and use the app. None of these ways will make it safe for users to unlock TikTok. The app was banned in India due to national security and privacy concerns. This will still be true if users get a workaround version of the app. That being clarified, here’s how to use Tiktok in India despite the ban.
Change The App Store Location Settings
This is the only option to unlock the TikTok app for iPhone users. This method can also be used by Android users. Follow the steps below to run the app.
- Go to the App store.
- Click on the Profile and select the account you want to get TikTok on.
- Now, go to the Country/Region option and select Change Country or Region.
- Select a country where TikTok is not banned.
- Agree with the terms and conditions.
- Fill out the necessary details.
- Click Next and then Done.
- With the updated location, viewers should be able to see TikTok in their App store.
- Users can now download and use TikTok in India despite the ban.
Downloading APK File
This method only works for Android users. They can download an APK version of TikTok online. However, this method does possess a certain risk because if the APK file is downloaded fron an untrustworthy source, it can be harmful for your device. It can lead to privacy invasion, data leak, or the device being infected with a virus.
Use A VPN
This is an Android specific method to unlock the TikTok app after its ban in India. Users can follow the steps below if they want to try out this method.
- First, you will need to factory reset your phone.
- Now, use a trustable VPN to access TikTok.
These are all the methods that users can try to unlock the TikTok App despite the ban in India. For more, check out Are Twitter And Facebook Getting Banned In India?