No one wants to lose their precious data-rich phone. But if you do, then you shouldn’t just sit and relax, your phone can be used to do many criminal activities. However, if you don’t want your data in some criminal’s hand, then you better try to block your phone using your IMEI number. IMEI stands for International Mobile Equipment Identity, consider it as your phone’s fingerprint.
Every phone has a unique 15-digit IMEI number that comes in handy when your phone is lost or stolen. However, before the police start their investigation, you will have to take responsibility and block your phone by yourself. If you don’t know how to block your phone via IMEI number, then here’s how you can do it.
How Can I Block My lost Phone By Using IMEI Number? (2022)
The market is fully flooded with apps that claim to be the IMEI number tracker. However, It’s not technically possible for you to track your stolen or lost mobile phone via any third-party app. But you can always block your IMEI number and leave the rest to the Police. Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to block your lost phone via IMEI number.
- First, you have to go to your nearest Police Station.
- And then, file an FIR regarding your lost phone, and ask for an FIR copy.
- After that, you will have to take that copy to your Service Provider (SIM card company), and ask them for a duplicate sim card.
- And then, you can also ask them to block your lost phone by using your IMEI number.
- After that you’ll receive an OTP on your new duplicate sim card, and your sim number will be activated after 24 hours.
This is all you need to do in order to block your lost or stolen phone via IMEI number. If you’re worried about your lost phone, then there’s nothing to be worried about. Here’s a guide for you, on how you can find your phone using IMEI number.