Wordle is a word guessing game that has seen a meteoric rise in popularity recently. The game offers a one-word challenge per day that players have to guess in six attempts. If players do not get the right answer, they can attempt a different word challenge the next day. However, players have been wondering if there is a way to play previous Wordle games once they are over?
This has always been the biggest issue amongst Wordle players. In case, they miss a Wordle challenge or game or are unable to complete it in given attempts, is there any way to play the previous Wordle games? Let us take look and find out.
Table of Contents
Is It Possible To Play Previous Wordle Games?
While there is no straightforward way to play past Wordle challenges or games, it is not impossible to do so. There are tricks that you can use if you wish to play previous Wordle Challenges. Let us take a look at some of them.
Turn Back Time
One of the simplest ways to play past Wordle games is to meddle with the time on your device. This is done a bit differently on Windows, iPhone, Mac, and Android devices. Listed below are the methods to easily turn back time on each device and play Wordle from the past.
- Press Window Key+i to open the Settings for your device.
- Select the Time & Language option.
- Turn off the Set Time Automatically option.
- Now, click Change to adjust the date and time on your device.
- Change the date to the date of the Wordle challenge you want to play. Make sure to pick a date from the current year. If you change the year, the system automatically gives the “Your Clock Is Behind” message.
- Go to your browser and visit the Wordle website.
- You will be given the Wordle challenge from the date you just set for your device.
- Players can repeat the procedure to play other previous Wordle games.
- Navigate to the Apple menu on your device.
- Select System Preferences and then click on Date & Time.
- Click on the lock icon on the bottom-left corner.
- The device will ask for your Administrator password to unlock the options.
- Unselect the set date and time automatically option.
- Now, select the date of the Wordle game you want to play.
- Open your browser and go to the Wordle website. Play the game from the date you just set on your device.
- You will need to repeat the process to play a different previous Wordle game.
- Navigate to Settings on your device.
- Select Additional Settings.
- Click on Date & Time.
- Turn off the Use network-provided time option.
- Change the date by clicking on the Date option.
- Click OK to confirm the date change.
- Open the browser and visit the Wordle site. Play the game for the date you just selected.
- Repeat the process to play previous Wordle games of a different date.
- Go to the Settings option on your device and select General.
- Now, select the Date & Time option.
- Turn off the Set Automatically option.
- Adjust the date as per the game you want to play.
- Open the browser, visit the Wordle site and play the game for your chosen date.
Using an unofficial archive
Unofficial archives are a great way to play previous Wordle challenges without worrying about a time constraint. There are a lot of popular unofficial archives floating about that can be used for this purpose. The best of these are unofficial archives by Taq Karim and Devang Thakkar. Both sites provide players with the entire library of Wordle games to date. They are easy to navigate and do not require any sign-up process to get started. Players can just visit the sites and get started.
- Visit the Internet Archive from the browser.
- Enter the Wordle direct linking the search box under the Wayback Machine title.
- This will take you to the archives of Wordle on the Wayback Machine.
- Choose the year and then choose a highlighted date.
- This will take you to the Wordle game for the date you just chose.
- Enjoy playing all the challenges of Wordle with this nifty tool.
These are all the ways players can get to play previous Wordle games. If word games are something you enjoy, here are 5 Word Games Like Wordle That You Should Try In 2022.