Edizon, as you may know, is a Werwolv product that helps us to save, add, and edit cheats so that we can build our own cheat menu on Nintendo Switch. Since the process is a little technical it can be hard to make things work. To help you with the trouble here’s a complete tutorial. Let’s get started.
Edizon Switch Cheats – May 2021
There are a few things to remember and do before jumping right into the process.
- You must prevent all your cheats from activating at the beginning of the game itself.
- Remake changes to the configured file /atmosphere/config/system_settings.ini in case you update the Atmosphere SD.
- Download EdiZon. To download it click here.
- Download nx-ovlloader. To download it click here.
- Download Tesla-Menu. To download it click here.
- Download switch-cheats-updater. To download it click here.
- Edizon homebrew app needs a hacked switch with CFW. Just like Atmosphere.
- You have to boot your switch into Atmosphere. To avoid the mess that comes while using a PC or a USB cable opt for a USB Dongle.
- A strong internet connection is a must to download cheats online.
- Now, you don’t want to get ban from Nintendo, do you? Then kindly use the incognito mode.
Now the process happens in three parts.
- Install Edizon
- Enable Cheats
Now, begins the Edizon switch cheats configuration.
How To Install Edizon?
In the first process, you have to prepare SD files. Also, for Atmosphere, you are required to disable the auto-enable cheats. Let’s go through the steps for the same.
- Step 1: Extract the files in nx-ovlloader.zip to SD card root.
- Step 2: Extract the files in ovlmenu.zip to SD card root.
- Step 3: In your SD card locate and click the /switch/ folder.
- Step 4: Copy the ovlEdiZon.ovl folder.
- Step 5: Paste it to the /.overlays/ foder.
- Step 6: In the /switch/ folder itself create a new folder. Name it EdiZon.
- Step 7: Copy the EdiZon.nro folder.
- Step 8: Paste it in the newly created folder /EdiZon/.
- Step 9: In the /switch/ folder extract the files of switch-cheats-updater.zip. SD card is now prepared.
- Step 10: Since active cheats create issues for the saved files it is best to disable them. Locate /atmosphere/config_templates/ in your SD card.
- Step 11: In notepad open system_settings.ini.
- Step 12: Rename ; dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x1 to dmnt_cheats_enabled_by_default = u8!0x0 Also Read | CWCheat Installation Guide
- Step 13: Save and exit Notepad.
- Step 14: Cut/Move system_settings.ini.
- Step 15: Past/Move in /atmosphere/config/.
- Step 16: Insert SD card.
- Step 17: To boot in CFW select the desired payload.
- Step 18: Launch the Album.
- Step 19: Access the Homebrew Menu by holding L or R.
We have completed the first part of the Edizon switch cheats guide. Now moving on to the enabling cheats part.
Well to enable the cheats kindly proceed with the steps listed below.
- Step 1: Through the Homebrew menu launch Cheats Updater.
- Step 2: To download/update cheat files press the A key.
- Step 3: After downloading, press + key to exit.
- Step 4: Moving to the Edizon Cheats Overlay Tesla Menu launch the game.
- Step 5: To launch the Tesla menu, press L + Down Button + Right Thumbstick Button in one go.
- Step 6: Choose the Edizon.
- Step 7: Select the Cheats option.
- Step 9: Select the cheat you desire to activate.
- Step 10: Press B and exit the Tesla Menu.
- Step 11: In case cheats isn’t activated reload the new area.
Image Source: CFWaifu
Finally, your EdiZon cheats menu on Nintendo Switch is created. However, each time you download a game on NDS you need to update the cheats too.