Digilocker is an app created by the Ministry of Electronics, where you can store your documents virtually. This is an important initiative by the Government of India, to support the ‘Go Digital’ initiative. In this app, you can easily store all your physical documents in a virtual form. So it solves the problem of storing and carrying a bunch of documents wherever you go.
However as a downside, due to lack of awareness, these document are not accepted everywhere. These virtual documents are only accepted by Railways, Traffic Police, and Passport Services, but no need to worry, the Government is working on it. If you also want to open an account and upload your documents on Digilocker, then here’s a step-by-step guide for you.
How to Create an Account in Digilocker?
Creating an account in Digilocker is very easy, just follow the steps given below.
- First go to the Government’s Digilocker Website/App.
- Then click on the Signup option on the right side of your screen.
- After that just fill in all the information required and register your mobile number.
- After filling the information, you’ll receive an OTP on your registered number.
- Then, enter the OTP and your process will be completed.
- And now just create an your username password, and your account will be created.
After you’re done creating an account, let’s move forward and see how to upload documents on Digilocker via Mobile and PC.
How Can I Upload Documents on Digilocker?
We’re going to discuss about how you can upload documents via Mobile and PC on Digilocker.
Upload Documents Via Mobile
For uploading files on Digilocker via Android and iOS devices, just follow the steps given below.
- First you have to download the Digilocker app.
- Then go on the dashboard, and tap on the Menu on the top left side of your screen.
- After that select ‘Upload Documents’ option.
- After selecting that just tap on ‘Upload button’ located next to the Menu button.
- And then the app will ask you for permission to access your files, that you have to allow.
- After that tap on ‘Select Files’ or ‘Content From Other Apps’, according to your preference.
- After done selecting the files, just tap on OK and you’ll be good to go.
Upload Documents Via PC
For uploading file on Digilocker via PC, here’s what you need to do.
- If you don’t have an account, then make one by following the steps given above.
- After that, go to your accounts Homepage and click on ‘Uploaded Documents’ option on the left side of the page.
- Then just simply click on ‘Upload’.
- After that, select the files that you want to upload, you can also select multiple files.
- And you’re good to go, all your uploaded file will appear on the ‘Uploaded Documents’ section.
This is how you can upload files on Digilocker via PC. Although, there are some things that you should keep in mind.
Things to Keep in Mind
Before uploading files here are some points that you should know of.
- Digilocker has around 1 GB Cloud storage.
- Your data and documents are safe because the app uses 256 Bit Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption.
- You can also upload files in Pdf, Jpeg, and Png files below 10 MB size.
This is all you need to know about how to upload file on Digilocker via Mobile and Pc. If you’re not happy with the picture on your Adhaar card, then we just have the right thing for you. Here’s a guide on how you can change your photo in Adhaar Card, go ahead and check it out.