How to Change Photo in Aadhaar Card – Complete Guide
Here are some easy steps to update your photo in Aadhar card.
Aadhar Card is without a doubt one of the most important Government identity proofs in India. The only reason why you should always have is it has both demographic and biometric data of the cardholder. However, there may be a situation where a person required to update his or her Aadhar card details such as photo, date of birth and address.
If you too want to update your Aadhar card detail then you have come to the right place. There are two ways to update your detail — one through the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP) and the other via ‘Aadhar Enrollment Centre’.
Here’s how you can change photos in Aadhar card:
How to Change/Update Photo in Aadhaar Card
Any individual can update or change photo on Aadhar card by visiting a nearby Aadhar Enrollment Centre. Here are some easy steps to do so:
- Visit you nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre/ Aadhaar Sewa Kendra.
- Download the Aadhar Enrolment Form from UIDAI’s website.
- Fill the form correctly.
- Submit your form to the executive and provide your biometric details.
- Now the executive will click your live photograph.
- Now, you are required to provide biometrics to approve your details.
- A fee of ₹ 25 + GST will have to be paid to get the details updated
- You will get an Acknowledgement slip containing The Update Request Number (URN) number.
- With the help of the URN, you can check the update status.
How to Download the Updated Aadhaar Card
- Once your request to update photo in Aadhar card proceeded, you will be allowed to download the updated version online.
- You will have to visit the official site of UIDAI to download the updated Aadhar card.
- Once you get the updated version of Aadhar card, you will have to refresh your Aadhaar details in the mAadhaar app after the update.
- Your Aadhar date should also be updated in the DigiLocker app as well
Important Points Related to Aadhaar Card Update
- There is no specific document that is required to change the photo in the Aadhar card.
- You don’t need to submit a photo as the executive will himself click the live photo using the webcam.
- It might take a period of 30-days to get your detail updated in Aadhar card.
- You can check the Aadhaar update status online using the URN provided in the Acknowledgement Slip.
Note: As of now, there is no online process available to change the photo in Aadhard card via the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP).