Instagram is today one of the most popular social media apps with a cross billion users. People from all corners of the world are here, it lets you share your creativity and thoughts with others. But the biggest issue is how you reach your audience since there are so many people here. This is when hashtags come into view, it sorts the section and anyone can create and use them. In this guide, you’ll learn how to check and add trending hashtags on Instagram.
Where to Find or Check and How to Add Trending Hashtags on Instagram (2023)
From the Main Search Bar
- Open your app and go to the search section, it can be found on the bottom of the screen and it looks like a magnifying glass.
- It’s you explore page, on top of that page you’ll see a search bar, click on it and type words related to what you are posting with # in front of it.
- Suppose I am posting pictures of New York, I’ll search #new, and it will show me the most popular hashtags starting from new and the number of posts that have already used it.
Discover Others With the Use of the Old One
- Now choose the hashtag that you searched following the steps below.
- You’ll see a page with follow button, follow that hashtag, and it will not count on your profile following number.
- Go on any post that’s using this hashtag and check what other tags they are using, click on any other tag from it to see how many posts use it.
- To see your followed hashtags, go back to your profile page and choose the following, then choose hashtags from the categories, then hashtags again, you’ll see all the hashtags that you are following.
How to Add Hashtags
- You can add hashtags to your caption section while creating a new post and you’ll also see how many posts have used them, in the drop-down suggestion boxes.
This is all you need to do to check and add trending hashtags to your Instagram Account. Also, make sure to check out how to share Instagram Reels as WhatsApp status.