It is a human tendency that we get bored of something very quickly. When it comes to names in video games, players keep changing them from one to another. There are tons of Valorant players who want to change their name but they don’t know how it can be done and if that’s you then look no further as we have a guide covering the same in the simplest way possible.
In our Valorant name change guide, we will explain everything including what it s Riot ID, how to change it, and how much it cost to change your Riot ID in Valorant.
What Is A Riot ID?
Riot ID is nothing but a combination of name and hashtag of three to five numbers and letters that others will need to add you on Valorant and other games published by Riot Games. Apart from Valorant, the other popular games published by Riot areTeamfight Tactics, Legends of Runeterra, and Wild Rift.
All the above-mentioned games might be published by Riot but the name-changing process in Valorant is a bit different from them. Unlike other Riot Games, Valorant players would not need to shell out in-game currency to change their name. Yes, you can change your name in Valorant for free.
Can You Change Your Riot ID?
Yes, you can change the entire Riot ID whenever you want. If you have been using Riot ID for months or years then it must look like GADDA#NA1 but I would suggest you use something like GADDA#CAT.
How Much It Costs To Change Your Valorant Name?
As we have mentioned above, you would not need to spend a single buck to change your name or Riot ID in Valorant.
How To Change Your Name In Valorant?
To change your Display name in Valorant, you will have to follow the given steps:
- Visit the official site riotgames.com and sign in to your Riot account. Notably, you will get a verification email on your email ID.
- Once logged in, click on “RIOT ID” on the left side of the account box. (Note: this box is where you can update both your email ID and password).
- Click on the Pencil-Shaped ‘Edit’ icon on the right side of your current Riot ID.
- Enter a new display name and hashtag. Make sure the hashtag is in between 3 to 5 numbers or letters.
- Click on the ‘Submit’ button and make sure the name has been changed successfully.
How To Hide Your Name From Random Valorant Player?
There is hardly any game that lets its users hide their game from other players but you can hide your name from random Valorant players. If you want your Valorant name to be hidden from random players then you will have to follow the given steps:
- First, Valorant and head to the Settings option.
- There, you will have to click on the General Settings.
- There, you will see the ‘Privacy’ option.
- In the Privacy section, you will have to turn on the top two options.
- When you do this, your Valorant name wouldn’t be shown to players outside your party.
That’s all you need to know about how to change and hide your name in Valorant.