Phone security is an issue that lot of users hold in high regard. However, iPhone still does not not have a straightforward feature to lock apps with a password and users will have to enable the TouchID before they can put a fingerprint lock.
This might sound unnecessarily complicated but is quite easy to do once you understand the basics. So, read on to find out how you can lock apps on your iPhone with a password or TouchID.
Method To Lock Apps On iPhone With A Password Or TouchID
As we stated earlier, there is no straightforward method to lock apps on an iPhone. However, users can either activate their TouchID or use a workaround method to apply passwords on apps. We have listed both methods below. You can choose whichever you find most convenient.
How To Lock Apps On iPhone With TouchID?
To apply a TouchID lock on apps, players will first have activate TouchID for the specific app. You can follow the steps below to understand how to do this.
- Go to the Settings icon on your iPhone.
- Click on the Touch ID & Passcode option.
- Select the On option for the apps that you want to activate TouchID for.
Once this is done, you will have to enable TouchID on the specific app that you want to lock. We have explained how to do this in the steps below.
- Go to the profile section of the app you want to lock.
- Go to the app settings from there.
- There will be a Privacy/Security option in the app.
- Here, you will see a Require TouchID option.
- Click on the option and turn the feature on.
- Now, you will be able to use TouchID every time you use that specific app and nobody else will be able to access it.
How To Lock Apps On iPhone With Password?
There is no straightforward method to do this. However, you can follow the steps given below to get a password lock on your iPhone apps.
- Go to the Settings of your phone.
- Enable Screen Time and then set a Screen Time passcode.
- Choose the app category. Different apps have different categories. Select the app and then click Next.
- Now, select 1 minute as the Screen lock limit.
- Click Add and then choose Block at End of Limit.
This is all about how you can lock apps on iPhone with a password or TouchID. For more tech guides, check out the Best Laptops Under 30,000 In India.