Google Pay (G-Pay) is one of the most used digital wallet platforms in India. When a application is used by millions of users on a monthly basis, users are bound to encounter errors. Google Pay is no different. There are numerous errors that Google Pay users had to encounter but the error that has left tons of fans frustrated right now is ‘error code 1008’.
There are plenty of G-Pay users who complained of getting ‘error code 1008’ while transferring money or adding their bank account to the app. If you are running into ‘error code 1008 in G-Pay’ issue then don’t worry, we have created a guide explaining how to fix it in the simplest way possible.
Also Read | How To Fix Error Code B3 In G-Pay?
How To Fix ‘Error Code 1008 In G-Pay’ Issue?
Fixing ‘error code 1008 Google Play’ issue is straightforward once you learn how to do it. To fix this G-Pay error, you will have to use the below mentioned methods:
Clear Cache & Update G-Pay
The first and basic solution to ‘error 1008 in G-Pay’ issue is clear your phone’s cache and update your Google Pay application. If you don’t know how to clear your G-Pay cache then follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to Settings option on your phone.
- Find Apps section and tap on it.
- Search for Google Pay application and tap on it.
- Now, you will have to Force stop the application.
- Once done, go to Storage option
- Make sure you have granted permission to — Contact, Location, Microphone, Phone, SMS and Storage.
- Go to Storage section of G-Pay and tap Clear Cache.
- Once done, go to Google Play Store and update your G-Pay.
- That’s it.
Logout & Login Back
There are multiple G-Pay users who have reported to have fixed this error by simply logging out of their Google Pay account, which is connected to Google Play. Once logged out, you will have to log into G-Pay again and check if the error remains.
These are two methods that you can use to fix ‘error code 1008 in G-Pay’ issue for now. As soon as we come across more methods, we will update this post.