One of the most common error messages bombarding gamers while trying to play their favorite title is the “DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine”. It is quite relevant while trying to play games like PUBG, Fortnite, or Ark: Survival. If you are one of those players who face this issue on a regular term don’t worry there is an easy fix to it.
The Problem mainly arises due to negligence in updating the graphics and Direct X drivers for your system.
“DX11 feature level 10.0 is required to run the engine” Error Fix Guide
The following are the very common fixes for the issue.
1. Installing the latest patch of the game
Players must make sure that they have installed the latest version of the game on their system. This issue may arise when players have not updated their game. The developers often release new updates for their game and for the game engine to run smoothly the game must have the latest version.
2. Updating your Graphics card driver
This error also arises due to the negligence of not updating the graphics card to the latest version. Players must update their graphic card(NVidia or AMD) using their respective software provided by the company. If not they can follow these steps to update their Graphics Cards.
- Open the device manager on your system by typing “Device Manager” in your windows search bar
- After opening device Manager, navigate and find the Display Adapters option. Now select the correct adapter option according to the graphics card installed in the system.
- Right-click on the graphic card and select the “Update Driver” Option.
- Click on the “Search automatically” option if needed.
3. Updating Windows to the latest version
Updating your windows to the latest version of your edition will also resolve the “DX 11 Engine issue”. The players can make sure whether they are running the latest version of windows by checking the “Windows update tab” in the settings section. After updating the windows, players must restart the system and check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
4. Updating the DirectX and feature Level
In the latest Editions of windows, all the updates regarding DirectX will happen automatically and players just need to check whether they have permitted the system to update automatically. This applies to Windows 8, 8.1, and 10 respectively. In the case of the older generation of windows like 7, XP, or Vista players need to manually update their windows manually by installing the respective packages.
- Open the Run dialog box on your windows by pressing windows key + r at the same time.
- In the Dialog box type in “dxdiag” and press enter.
- The DX Diagnostics window will pop and now check for the versions given in the picture below also, navigate to the display section and check for the Feature level option.
Players can visit the website of Microsoft windows to know more details regarding how to install the packages manually. After installing those packages players should restart their system then check whether the issue has been resolved or not.
Players should check whether their respective graphic cards meet the Feature level 10.0. This check should be done manually by visiting the website of your graphic card manufacture and check for information regarding your model description. If the description does not meet the required Feature level 10.0 it is highly likely that the issue won’t be resolved and you need to change your graphic supporting the needed requirement. In the event of your graphic card supporting the requirement, you need to follow the instructions given in step 2.