Worried about why your Ctrl + Alt + Del shortcut is not working? Relax we have found various solutions to fix it. These keys are used for several purposes such as lock, sign out, task manager, switch users, and many more. However, there may be various reasons why these buttons are not working. Rather than discussing the problem let’s have some look at how you can fix it.
How To Fix Ctrl + Alt + Del Not Working Issue? (2022)
We have mentioned all the Ctrl + Alt + Del not working fixes down below, you just have to use them until your issue is resolved.
Check Your Keyboard – Ctrl + Alt + Del Issue Fixes
Before getting all techy simply go ahead and check if your keyboard is the problem. Try connecting a different keyboard and then press the same shortcuts, if it works then buy a new keyboard.
If your PC is frozen, then a quick force restart will solve everything. Press and hold the power button on your CPU and restart your PC. After your PC turns ON press the Ctrl + Alt + Del Buttons and see if it works.
Check For Viruses & Malware
You don’t know what viruses are capable of, they can harm your computer in many ways. So it’s better to buy an Anti-Virus and scan for viruses and malware on a daily basis.
Troubleshooting can also solve your problem, here’s how you can do it.
- First, open your computer settings.
- And then, type Troubleshoot settings in your search bar.
- After that, click on the Other Troubleshooters option.
- And after doing that look for the Keyboard option and click on Run
- Now just wait until the system finds any issue and fixes it.
Update Windows Version
Using an older or outdated windows version can also freeze your PC. And this can also be the reason why your Ctrl + Alt + Del are not working. So it’s better to keep your windows updated. If you don’t know how to do it, then just follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, launch your Settings app by clicking Windows + I key.
- After the app appears go to Updates & Security option.
- After that, check for the latest updates by clicking the Check for updates option.
- If there’s a new pending windows update, then simply download and install it.
- By doing this your issue might get fixed.
Clean Boot – Ctrl + Alt + Del Issue Fixes
If all the fixes mentioned above don’t work for you, then Clean Boot is the only option that you can try. Consider Clean Boot as Troubleshooting, it finds the issue with your Pc. And after you do find it simply go ahead and delete that problematic software. This method might fix your Ctrl + Alt + Del not working issue, let’s see how you can do it.
- First, Run the Dialog by Pressing the Windows key + R keys at the same time.
- After that, type MSConfig and click on OK to open the System Config.
- And then, go to the Services tab > Check the “Hide all Microsoft services” check box located in the bottom left.
- After doing that, click on Disable all and OK.
- And then, go to the Startup tab and click on Open task manager.
- And there you’ll see all startup items, which you have to disable.
- After disabling them go back to the system conf window and click on OK.
- Then, simply restart your PC and check whether the shortcut keys are working.
This is all you need to do in order to fix the Ctrl + Alt + Del not working issue. If you need more tech tips, then we have various Tech guides ready for you, you’ll find everything you need over there.