Thavnairian Onion in Final Fantasy XIV is a Miscellany item. It is a pungent, tear-inducing vegetable that thrives in the alkali sands of Near Eastern Thavnair. They are typically avoided by all races and is a favorite among Chocobos. It is a Chocobo Food that can be used to train or summon your Chocobo Companion. For those who are new to the game and have no idea what Chocobos are and why you need to grow FFXIV Thavnairian Onions. Fret not we will help you get a clear understanding of its importance and requirements.
Chocobos are the best when it comes to being a reliable ally during quests, running FATEs, or killing hunt mobs. It is very important for you to max out his level as quickly as possible since this will help you have a decent tank, a pocket healer, or a little extra damage while you’re out exploring and completing quests. In order to Max them out, you will need to know why Thavnairian onions are the most important vegetable in Final Fantasy XIV.
Uses of Thavnairian Onions In Final Fantasy XIV
Chocobos need to be fed one of these onions every time they level past Lvl10. Meaning once your Chocobos have reached level 10 you will have to feed one onion every time they get past a level. Since Chocobos max out at level 20, you’ll need a total of 10 to complete your Chocobo’s progress. It’s the best choice to max them out and gain huge help by just farming some of these on your own.
Once your choco-buddy hits level 10 you will have to give them an onion to level up when they are stabled or in the open world. This is because after they have reached level 10 they stop gaining any experience points. Only after having an onion when they are stabled or in the open world will they be able to gain experience points needed to hit Lvl 11.
Quests That Reward Thavnairian onions
There are two quests that award Thavnairian onions in Final Fantasy XIV:-
- Landing a Stable Job: After completing LVL 50 Main Scenario Quest ‘The Better Half,’ you will be able to unlock an Ishgardian sidequest called Landing A Stable Job. Pick it up from Mathye in the Jeweled Crozier (X: 6, Y:9).
- A Hunter’s True Nature: Once you have completed 3 sidequests in the Dravanian Forelands: ‘Pest Control,’ ‘A Step in the Right Direction,’ and ‘Garbage Duty.’ You will be able to pay a visit to Hervoix in Tailfeather (X: 32, Y:23) after accepting this quest you will receive a reward of an onion.
How To Get FFXIV Thavnairian onions?
Growing these onion is very time consuming and requires a lot of patience. It can take weeks to grow one which is why it’s best to just purchase them from the games store. You can buy Thavnairian onion seeds from the market board and grow them yourself, or cross-breed other common plants to obtain the seeds. You will have to wait for more than 5-6 days to just crossbreed the seeds. Sounds quite tough and time-consuming right. Bellow, we have found the best and the easiest method to grow them.
- First cross-breed Krakka Root and Mirror Apple to get Curiel Root.
- Then cross-breed Almonds and Mandrakes to get Nymeia Lillies.
- Once you have obtained Curiel Root & Nymeia Lillies and cross-breed them.
- With this, you will be able to obtain Thavnairian onion seeds.
- Plant your onion seeds.
While you will find many other cross-breeding ways to get Thavnairian onion seeds this is by far the easiest ways. Hope you find this article on How To get Thavnairian Onions In Final Fantasy XIV. Keep following us for more such updates and guides.