Final Fantasy 14 or FFXIV is arguably one of the most popular MMORPG right now. Unfortunately, a lot of Final Fantasy fans are having multiple errors or issues while opening the FF14 launcher. Due to this FF14 launcher error, the screen gets black whenever fans attempt to open the game on your device. If you too are having the same FFXIV launcher error then look no further as we have got you covered.
This post will not only teach you how to fix the FF14 launcher error but also explain the reasons that cause this frustrating error. Without any further ado, let’s take a look at its all possible solutions:
Table of Contents
FFXIV Launcher Error Code Fix
There are multiple ways that can be used to fix FF14 launcher error. If you don’t know what these methods are keep reading this post to know how each and every method works:
1. Restart Game & System
Restarting the game and system might be a basic solution to every problem but there are many players who reported to have fixed the FFXIV launcher error by simply applying the same method. If you continue to encounter this error then I highly recommend closing the game and restarting your system. Once you have successfully restarted the system, launch FFXIV and see if the error remains.
2. Disable Firewall
There are numerous issues or errors that occur when you have a third-party Anti-virus installed and Firewall enabled in your system. To fix this FF error, you will have to disable Firewall.
Here are a few simple steps to disable a Firewall:
- Press ‘Windows + R’ at the same time.
- In the search bar, type Control Panel and hit the Enter button.
- In a new window, go to the ‘System and Security’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Windows Defender Firewall’ and go to the ‘Customize Settings’
- There, you will have to turn the Firewall Defender Firewall Off.
- Once done, save them and restart your system and launch FFXIV to see if the error still remains.
- That’s it.
3. Run FFXIV Launcher as Administrator
There are numerous players who reported that they have fixed the FF14 launcher error by simply running the launcher as Administrator. Do you know how to run the launcher as an administrator? If not then follow the given steps:
- Right-click on the FFXIV launcher file.
- Select Run as as administrator.
- To fix it permanently, right-click on the launcher file and go to Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab.
- Make sure to tick on Run as an Administrator.
- Once done, click on Apply and they OK.
- Now, run the game and see if the error is fixed or not.
Causes of FF14 Launcher Error
There could be many reasons behind the FFXIV launcher error but it most probably be occurring due to your weak or unstable internet connection. Besides the Network problem, this error could also occur due to SSL and trusted site issues. Irrespective of what reason causes this Final Fantasy error, if you follow the above-mentioned methods, you will be able to fix it right away.
That’s everything you need to know about how to fix FFXIV launcher error.