Are you facing an Anti-Cheat Error in Apex Legends on your Steam account? Anti-Cheat Error (ACE) usually occurs due to outdated windows or some issues in the system drivers. But it isn’t a big deal you can fix it by following some steps through your Steam account. Here is a complete guide to help you fix Apex Legends Anti-Cheat Error.
Guide To Fix Anti-Cheat Error In Apex Legends:
If you ever come across a message saying “The client is not running the anti-cheat or has failed the anti-cheat authentication” when you try to access Apex Legends on Steam then follow the steps written in the article below to fix it.
1) Open your Steam account on your PC and search for Apex Legends in the left side menu in the Library.
2) Now right-click on Apex Legends and then click on Manage from the list of options. One more small list will appear, then click on the Browse local files as shown in the image below. (Right-click on Apex Legends >> Manage >> Browse local files)
3) A new window will appear in front of you with several files in the game. Search for the “EasyAntiCheat” folder and double-click on it to open it.
4) Next click on “EasyAntiCheat_Setup” to open the folder. Now, you will have to double click on EasyAntiCheat_setup, which is an in-built program in Steam that helps you to quickly reinstall the game and fix the anti-cheat error if there is any.
5) A new window will pop up on your screen. Click on the ‘Repair Service’ button to fix the anti-cheat error.
6) Apex Legends will reinstall now on its own. Once it’s done, click on the ‘Finish’ button and then close the window. Launch Apex Legends now and try logging in again the error should be fixed!
This is everything you need to know about how to fix anti-cheat errors in Apex Legends. Check out another article on how to fix New World Steam must be running to play this game error.