Xiaomi smartphones are great for users looking for budget friendly devices. However, they can also be loaded with apps that users do not really need. Users might want to remove some of this bloatware from their Xiaomi device to clear storage space and stop unwanted push notifications. In this guide, we will explain how you can do this.
How To Uninstall Bloatware From Your Xiaomi Phone?
There are multiple ways to remove bloatware from your Xiaomi device. While there are some apps that are easy to remove, others will require some work before they can be removed from a device. We have explained the best methods to uninstall bloatware below.
MIUI Hidden Settings
The MIUI Hidden Settings will allow you to remove some limited number of apps. It cannot be used to remove all bloatware but it can certainly help reduce the clutter. To remove bloatware using MIUI Hidden Settings on a Xiaomi device, you can follow the steps given below.
- Install MIUI Hidden Settings app on your Xiaomi device.
- Open the app and click on Manage Applications.
- Select the app you wish to uninstall from the device.
- Select the Disable or Uninstall option.
- Click on the Disable app button to confirm.
- The bloatware app is now removed from your Xiaomi device.
ADB And Fastboot
Users can also try the Android Debug Bridge or Fastboot to uninstall unnecessary apps from their devices. We have explained each method below. It is best to create a backup before attempting this method in case users accidentally delete an essential file necessary to run the device.
- Go to the Settings and select the About Phone option.
- Click on the MIUI version seven times to unlock Developer Options.
- You can download the ADB setup on your computer for Windows, macOS or Linux.
- Go to the ADB setup folder and open a new Command window.
- Now, you must connect the Xiaomi device with your PC with a USB cable.
- Type adb devices in the command line and hit Enter. First time users will be asked for authorization.
- If the command was successful, you should see the phone’s serial number on the screen.
- You should now type adb shell from the command prompt.
- Now, run pm list packages | grep ‘xiaomi’. This should give you a list of all Xiaomi packages.
- Now, type the command pm uninstall -k —user 0 PackageName to uninstall a system application. You can repeat the process for as many apps as you like.
Fastboot tools can be used to uninstall or deactivate system apps and bloatware on you Xiaomi device. It is best to create a backup before going for this option.
- Download the latest version Fastboot tools.
- Connect your mobile device and open the Xiaomi tools app on the computer.
- Authorize the program and you should see the device and its serial number.
- Select the apps you want to uninstall.
- Click on Uninstall to execute the command.
This is everything about how you can remove bloatware from your Xiaomi device. For more related content, check out the Best Alternatives Of Xiaomi POCO X3 Pro.