Sometimes users can’t send or receive any messages on Instagram, but the other features of the app are functioning properly. If you have faced the Direct Message Glitch in Instagram too, this article holds the solution. In this guide, you will see a list of fixes that you can try in order to tackle the issues.
Fix Direct Messages Glitch in Instagram
Here are the Top 5 Fixes you can use.
- Check whether your Internet connection is interrupted. If so, try switching your Internet off and back on. That might fix this issue.
- If in case that doesn’t work for you, try closing the app and opening it again.
- Check if there are any updates available on Play Store or App Store. Download the available updates and check again. Sometimes it happens when the app is not updated.
- If that doesn’t work either, you can clean the cache data of Instagram and try again.
- In case you’re still struggling, you can try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it.
That was how to fix the Direct Message Glitch in Instagram, you may as well want to know the possible reasons behind the glitch.
What may cause the Glitch?
One of the plausible reasons behind this can be that the servers may have crashed. It happens sometimes when the traffic is overloaded and it may take a while to get the app up and running.
Another reason for this might be that the algorithms of the app are being updated and it will run smoothly once the updates are done.
If you experience this again, now you know how to fix the problem. Hopefully, this article was helpful. While you’re here, you can feel free to check other such guides like how to Disable Status in WhatsApp and Best File Transfer Apps.