Users have been facing an Xbox Error 0x803f9006 that stops them from playing games and using the console. This can be pretty annoying as users are being stopped from using their own consoles. However, there are a few things that you can do on your end to fix things. Now, all of these might not work for you, but, they seem to have been working positively for a few users. So, scroll down and find out how to fix this issue.
How to fix Xbox Error 0x803f9006 on your console?
Now, there are a few different fixes for this particular issue. Luckily, all of these are pretty easy and you will be done with them in a short time.
Changing Consoles Settings
This is an error fix that will work if you are sharing an account with a friend.
- Click on the big ‘X’ button and open the console settings.
- Now, scroll over to the Accounts section and look for the “Add or Switch Accounts” option.
- Click on this and scroll down to the account that you are sharing.
- Select the account and click on the Settings option.
- On the next screen choose the Personalization option.
- Next, click on ‘My Home Xbox’ and choose the ‘Make this my home Xbox’ option. Do the same with the other device where you are using the same account.
Fix Xbox Error 0x803f9006 by logging in to your account again
The easiest fix on the list. Not a lot of steps and should be completed with ease. However, if this fix will work or not is a question mark in itself. It has worked for some users, so try your luck.
- All you have to do is sign out of the account that you are currently using.
- Now, restart your console and login using the same account.
- This should fix the issue and allow you to access the console again.
Performing a hard reset
You can fix Xbox Error 0x803f9006 by performing a Hard Reset. This is like a restart, only more severe.
- Click the big Xbox button on your console and hold it down till your console shuts off.
- Now, unplug the console by removing the wire from the back.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Plug the console back in and restart the Xbox.
- Now, log in again and you should be able to access everything. But again, this is not a confirmed working fix.
Fix Xbox Error 0x803f9006 by clearing all your Local Save Data
I have kept this fix for the last as it might mean a loss of data. Luckily, Xbox does have a pretty handy and usable cloud save system that will keep you up to date. Plus, clearing out the cache will just give you space for more games and also allow you to boot up faster.
- First, click on the large Xbox button on the controller.
- Now, look for the Settings option that comes up on the screen.
- Enter the Settings screen and head over to the System option.
- Next, click on the ‘Storage Tab’ option and click on it.
- On the next screen look for the ‘Clear Local Saved Games’ and select the option.
- This will clear all the saved data on your console.
- After this, the console will automatically restart itself as an automatic cleanse.
- Now, launch any game and you will be able to access the servers with ease.
This is everything that you need to know about how to fix Xbox Error 0x803f9006. While you are here you should have a look at the XBOX One Black Screen Error Fix.