How To Fix Discord Stuck on Connecting? – Complete Guide
This guide is a life-saver for you if your Discord stuck on connecting.
Online games have dramatically shifted the gaming industry and have evolved into an addictive trend. Players all over the world have become crazy to experience any new game that releases. This intensified the need for continued interaction with other players and hoping for them to connect for a prolonged period, which called for the need for Voice Over Internet Protocols applications (VOIP).
These VOIP applications are really making huge money, and the one that enjoys the highest praise is undeniably Discord with more than 250 million users at the moment. However, several users have lately reported Discord stuck on connecting troubles resulting in gaming activity disruption. If you are one of those users, keep reading further to find the ultimate remedy.
Discord – VOIP Application
Discord with its efficient VOIP & digital distribution functionality is a blessing for online gamers allowing them to communicate with others in real-time. Such interactions help them achieve maximum popularity and recognition among the pool of players. With Discord racking up a massive user base, it seems like a load has wreaked havoc on chat servers lately with a few irritated users complaining about poor or delayed service.
Hence, here I am presenting you with the best possible remedies to help you overcome Discord stuck on connecting issues. Keep scrolling!
Why Discord stuck on connecting?
Before we jump on the subject, let me show you the root of the problem that is giving you a hard time with Discord.
- Incorrect DNS settings.
- Apps like Twitch interfering with Discord’s functions of establishing a connection.
- Antiviruses like McAfee or other 3rd party software are also a plausible cause.
- Proxy servers restrict the access of User Datagram Protocol (UDP) Discord which prevents the VOIP app from establishing a connection.
- VPN connection devoid of UDP will not connect to Discord again resulting in connection issues.
Discord Stuck On Connecting Issues
If you are enduring Discord stuck on connecting bug, pursue this troubleshooting guide to have it settled. There are varying reasons for this, so make sure that each step is followed one after the other before it is addressed.
Also Read | Fix Steam Disk Write Error
We’re going to begin from the simplest to bit technical solutions, all of which is the potential remedy. Let’s get started.
1. Restart Modem, Router, and Desktop
As promised, I am proceeding with easy solutions first, and nothing can be extremely easy than restarting. Often such a basic approach might solve even the biggest difficulties so begin with restarting your modem and router. When restarted, restart your desktop and launch Discord. If Discord is still stuck on connecting then move ahead with the next alternatives.
2. Modify Network Settings
Since incorrect network and proxy settings arise such issues, modifying them with correct settings may fix the error.
Start with these quick steps:
- Step 1: Right-click in the Windows start menu.
- Step 2: Go to Settings.
- Step 3: Select Network & Internet.
- Step 4: Switch to Proxy from the left window section.
- Step 5: Move towards the right side of the screen and turn it off Use a Proxy Server option under Manual Proxy Setup.
- Step 6: Relaunch Discord.
Hopefully, this should solve the issue otherwise pursue the next solution.
3. Alter DNS Settings
The DNS settings can disallow the Discord from connecting to a secured server thereby arising Discord stuck on connection issue.
Simply change the DNS settings by going through the below steps:
- Step 1: Press Windows + R to get the Run dialog box ion screen.
- Step 2: Type ncpa.cpl in the box and hit enter.
- Step 3: You will be presented with the internet connection list, right-click on the one you are using.
- Step 4: Choose Properties.
Also Read | Fix uBlock Origin Extension On Twitch
- Step 5: Navigate downwards to locate the Internet Protocol Version 4(IPV4) option, double click on it, and look for Use the Following DNS Server Addresses option.
- Step 6: Type 126.96.36.199 in the Preferred DNS Server field.
- Step 7: Type 188.8.131.52 in the Alternate DNS Server field.
- Step 8: Hit OK and Save.
- Step 9: Relaunch Discord.
Again if the issue is not resolved try the next remedy.
4. Discord Through Firewall
Quite often Windows Firewall tends to prevent Discord from connecting the network.
Follow the below steps for seamless operation of the Discord app.
- Step 1: Go to your Desktop’s Control Panel.
- Step 2: Set View by Large icons on the Control Panel window.
- Step 3: Select Windows Defender Firewall.
- Step 4: Select Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Step 5: Click on the Change settings button.
- Step 6: Look down for Discord.
- Step 7: Checkmark the box beside it and hit OK.
- Step 8: Relaunch Discord.
Your Discord stuck on the connecting issue may get resolved with this hack.
5. Other Solutions
Besides the above solutions you may:
- Run a Malware test on your PC’s software and files folder to get rid of corrupt files.
- Temporarily disable 3rd party Antivirus soft wares to avoid them interfering with Discord.
- Change the server regions and sync date and time under the server settings option.
This is a thorough guide that you must implement strictly to discourage Discord stuck on a connecting problem. However, developers have confirmed that there is a flaw with the running app in certain areas, and they are actively trying to correct it from the end.