YouTube Shorts are an innovative new way for content creators to share short videos with their viewers. While it is a great way to share quirky, entertaining clips, it is not a format that is a hit with everybody. Some viewers just like to watch normal videos and do not appreciate being disturbed by YouTube shorts. However, such viewers have the option to disable YouTube Shorts permanently.
This guide will explain how viewers can do that and go back to viewing their videos in long form.
How to Disable or Remove Youtube Shorts Permanently (2022)
There are multiple methods to disable YouTube Shorts permanently. We have listed them below. Users can pick the method that suits them the best.
Turn Off Shorts
This is the most direct method to disable YouTube Shorts. To implement this, viewers can just follow the simple steps given below.
- Viewers need to go to their YouTube profile.
- Now, they need to select the Settings options.
- Here, select the General option.
- There will be a Shorts option here. Viewers can choose to turn it off.
- Once they have done this, viewers need to apply the settings and restart their YouTube application or site.
Disable Each Video Manually
The first option that users can try is to manually disable each YouTube Short they see. This is a tedious process and doesn’t actually disable the Shorts function but disables specific YouTube Shorts from being displayed to the viewer. To implement this, viewers need to click on the three dots next to the video and select the option stating “Not interested”. Once viewers do this, that particular YouTube Short will not appear in their suggestions again.
YouTube Shorts is only available in the YouTube app for now. Viewers accessing the app through the browser will not see Shorts. So, if viewers want to avoid seeing YouTube Shorts, they can just switch over to the browser instead of viewing videos from the app. It is a simple and convenient option that allows users to have access to Shorts when they want to but view only long form videos when they do not want to see Shorts.
Remove Updates Or Factory Reset
Viewers can also remove updates to go back to the YouTube version that did not have Shorts. To do this, viewers can follow the instructions given below.
- Go to the phone Settings.
- Click on Apps or Manage Apps option.
- Now, select the YouTube app from the list.
- Click the three dots on the top right.
- Choose Uninstall Updates.
- This will revert back the updates for the app and viewers will no longer have access to YouTube Shorts.
This is how viewers can disable the YouTube Shorts option permanently. For more Tech guides, check out How To Remove & Bypass YouTube Age Restriction On Android & IOS?