Discord is a fantastic social media forum that is a godsend for die-hard video gamers spread around the globe. Its powerful Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) and digital delivery capabilities make it the perfect option for players to interact with other players online in real-time.
You must be conscious of the impact of such communications that encourage you to build a reputation and get acceptance among the community of gamers since you are a Discord user. It hosts a slew of amazing functionalities and just like other social media platforms it also allows you to appear offline or invisible to other users.
Also Read | Unique & Cool Discord Names For 2021
You must be thinking about what the need for such an option is since the prime purpose of Discord is to let you communicate with online players in real-time. Hence, this article is designed to answer your query and help you figure out how to appear offline on Discord. Keep scrolling!
How To Appear Offline On Discord?
Even though offline/invisible mode on Discord seems quite contradictory the feature is really handy when you want to prepare for a raid, implement support tasks for your guild, craft materials, level-up, or even when you wish to escape the chaos by avoiding unnecessary interactions.
This saves you frequent log-in and log-out efforts and time all the while remaining active on it. Discord runs on desktop as well as mobile. Check out how to appear offline in Discord on them.
How To Appear Offline In Discord On Desktop?
If you run Discord on the desktop then here’s how to appear offline:
- Step 1: Open the Discord on your desktop and log-in.
- Step 2: Now look for your profile icon on the bottom left side of the screen just before your username.
- Step 3: Click on it and a box with many Discord status will pop-up.
- Step 4: Now click on the invisible mode and you will be offline to others on Discord.
For other statuses, follows the same steps, and in the last step select your desired mode.
How To Appear Offline In Discord On Mobile?
If you run Discord on a mobile phone the here’s how to appear offline:
- Step 1: Launch the Discord app on your mobile and log-in.
- Step 2: Click on the profile icon positioned at the bottom left of the screen
- Step 3: You will be directed to the User settings page. Find Online next to Set Status.
- Step 4: Click on the Invisible option and you will be offline to others on Discord.
For other statuses, follow the same steps and in the last step select your desired mode.
Also Read | Fix Discord Stuck On Connecting Issue
This is how to appear offline in Discord on mobile and desktops and go invisible. You can also opt for other status options explained below.
Other Status In Discord
These are the other status you can set in Discord:
- Online status – It will be indicated with green colour and signifies you are online to play games and connect with players online on discord.
- Idle status– It will be indicated with an orange colour and Discord automatically switches your status to idle when you’re away from keywords for a certain period. Or you can go idle yourself for as much time as you wish to while using discord.
- Do not disturb – It will be indicated by red colour and signifies you are busy.
Invisible status – It will be indicated by grey colour and can be used to appear offline in discord.
- Set a custom status– You can use this function to configure whichever personalized status you desire. Tap on customer status, then type in the “catchphrase” in the first empty field with what you want to display as your status, and then choose the clear after alternative. You can adjust this status for “1 day,” “4 hours,” “1 hour,” “30 minutes,” or “indefinitely” by tapping on “don’t clear.”
With this, our guide for How to Appear Offline in Discord ends here.