Recently eSIM, a technological revolution in the telecommunications industry, took the world by storm upon its arrival. The convenience offered by eSIM is a paramount progress made in the way that we look at SIM cards. If you’re one of the consumers who wish to adapt to eSIM, you’ve landed in the right place. In this guide, we have explained how you can convert Jio SIM to eSIM on iPhone and Android devices. You simply have to read along with this guide further to get in-depth knowledge about the same.
How to Change Existing Jio SIM to eSIM on iPhone and Android?
Fortunately, you can convert Jio SIM to eSIM on iPhone and Android devices easily. There are only two things that you require to proceed. And they are eSIM-compatible devices and a stable internet connection.
In order to change the existing Jio SIM to eSIM, you have to first raise a request. Also, before proceeding further, make sure that your email ID is registered with Jio. If it isn’t, quickly get through with it. Below, we have mentioned the steps to convert Jio SIM to eSIM for your reference. Glance through the steps given to make no mistakes.
Steps to Convert Jio SIM to eSIM
- Share your EID and IMEI number via SMS to 199 in the format ‘GETESIM<32 Digit EID Number><15 Digit IMEI Number>‘
- After that, share your eSIM number via SMS on the same number
- You have to wait for approximately 2 hours for the team to process your request
- Once you get an update, send ‘1‘ through SMS to 183
- You will then receive a call from +91 2235072222
- Answer the Call and Press 1 to confirm your request
- Now, your physical SIM card will be deactivated
- Click on Jio Data Plan notification on your iPhone
- Then click on Continue
In a short while, you will notice that your eSIM is functional and ready to use. These steps are identical for iOS and Android devices. So, you can refer to these steps for both devices.
Please note that there are only selective devices are compatible with Jio eSIM services. If your device is one of them, you can gladly proceed with it. Below, we have mentioned the list of compatible devices for your reference.
- iOS = iPhone XR and onwards till iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Android = Google Pixel 3 and above,
- Samsung Galaxy S20 and onwards up to S22 Ultra
- Galaxy Fold Series
- Galaxy Flip
- Flip 3 5G
- Flip 4
- Motorola Razr 5G (Next Gen) and Razr
- Nokia G60 5G
This is all you need to know about how to convert Jio SIM to eSIM on iPhone and Android devices. Hopefully, this guide was helpful to you. While you’re here, you can go ahead and check out other similar articles such as How to Set Up Jio 5G eSIM in India? and How to Remove Pegasus Spyware from Android and iPhone?