Clearing cache from your iPhone apps is one of the best ways to stop it from slowing down. We will show you how to clear the cache on iPhone from your apps and also from the Safari browser – the default iOS browser. Unfortunately, iPhones don’t have the option to clear cache collectively from the phone itself. Instead, you have to clear app data from every individual app.
How to Clear Cache on iPhone
There are some apps that may allow you to go to the in-app setting and clear data like cookies and cache. Most apps, however, do not have that option. In that case, the only option you will have is to delete the app and reinstall it.
How to clear cache from Safari on iPhone?
If you open a page on Safari and it won’t load, there might be too much junk data stored on your Safari. In order to fix that, follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings
- Scroll down to find Safari and click that.
- If you scroll down, you’ll see the option Clear History and Website Data.
- That will clear your history and data on all devices you are signed in to.
If you’re still facing an issue with a particular website follow the steps below.
- Go to settings
- Scroll to Safari
- Go all the way to the bottom of the screen and click Advanced
- Click on Website data
- Tap on the button at the bottom that says Remove All Website Data.
This will now have removed all website data and cookies that your device was storing. Alternatively, you can also remove the apps that you do not use or have not used in a very long time to help your device run faster. This process is called Offloading Apps. It deletes the app however keeps the data if in case you need it when you download it back.
How to Offload Apps on iPhone?
- Go to Settings
- Click on General
- Tap on iPhone Storage
- You’ll see an option to Offload Unused Apps, click on Enable next to it.
- This will remove all the apps you haven’t used in a very long time however still keep important data in case you want to download it back.
We hope you have understood how to clear the cache on your iPhone and safari and that your phone works faster! Contact Apple Support if your phone is still being slow.