To put it bluntly, Horimiya isn’t your typical high school romance; rather, it’s a lovely twist with far more depth than physical intimacy. Sure, the gripping story gives off a mushy vibe, but what makes it more appealing is a new angle on the rom-com genre.
It’s no surprise that after finishing the anime, many viewers are left wanting more. To satisfy that craving, here are the best anime like Horimiya that you won’t be sorry to watch. In fact, you will get obsessed with yet another love story.
Top 5 Anime That Are Similar To Horimiya – 2022
I’m sure that after witnessing the genuine love story of Kyoko Hori and Izumi Miyamura, who don’t confess their love until the end, even those who don’t entertain the idea of love started having second thoughts. Take a look below for the anime that is similar to Horimiya and give yourself something more to gush over.
1. Kimi Ni Todoke – From Me to You
- Genre: Slice of Life, Drama, Romance, School, Shoujo, Animation, Comedy
- Similarity: Both the anime features old school love story. Also, couples in both show are poles apart.
Kuronuma Sawako is a teenager who her classmates mistake for a ghost girl from The Ring. As a result, people see her as a threat and treat her in a different manner. She yearns for nothing more than friends and normal school life. Fortunately, the popular boy in class, Kazehaya-Kun, approaches her and becomes her friend, and romance blossoms between them.
2. Lovely Complex
- Genre: Comedy, Romance, Shoujo
- Similarity: Again, the protagonists are totally opposed. In the same way that the couple in Horimiya is concerned about their inner persona, the pair in this scene is concerned about their height. Both love stories are lovely and heartfelt, but not clichéd.
Two high school students with a tremendous height disparity become best buds. As the comedic pair, Risa and Otani are often teased. Risa, a female, is taller than the normal girl, whereas Otani, a male, is shorter. Risa, on the other hand, has feelings for Otani which comes as a shocker to him nontheless their love starte to evolve.
3. Kaichou wa Maid-sama!
- Genre: Romance, Comedy, School, Shoujo
- Similarity: Do you want to know how this anime relates to Horimiya? Well, it also gives off a mushy feeling, and both protagonists are compassionate.
Ayuzawa Misaki, a bright and focused student, is the president of Seika High’s student council. Her schoolmates, meanwhile, are clueless that she works part-time as a maid at a Maid Cafe. The perfectly kept secret, however, is exposed to Usui Takumi, a student at her school, and her life flips upside down ever since.
- Genre: Slice of Life, Comedy, Romance, School
- Similarity: Okay! This anime is just like a Horimiya in which characters disclose their “true personalities” to each other after becoming buddies.
Even though he is a good fella Ryuji Takasu, a high school student appears nasty. He meets Taiga Aisaka, a girl for whom he does all the chores even cooking. Strangely, both are romantically interested in the other’s best friend so they unwillingly decide to support each other and end up igniting a spark between themselves.
5. Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou – His and Her Circumstances
- Genre: Comedy, Drama, Romance, School, Shoujo, Slice of Life
- Similarity: This delightful school rom-com anime is a fantastic treat for Horimiya fans! They both feature a girl with opposing personalities at school and at home, as well as a mysterious boy. When the guy finds the girl’s secret, the two begin to bond, and an epic romance unfolds.
Yukino Miyazawa, a freshman in high school, has earned everything great marks, great looks, and status. She trains hard to maintain her athletic physique and great gpa, but she comes in second to her main opponent, Soichiro Arima. She is not the person she pretends to be at school, and her life takes a drastic turn when Soichiro gets to know her wee kept secret.
I’m sure after going through our top selections for anime like Horimiya, you can’t wait to get lost into them. But before you exit also check out the Anime Like Death Note.