WhatsApp Pay Guide 2021: How To Transfer And Receive Money Through WhatsApp
Here's a quick guide on how to send money via WhatsApp Pay.
WhatsApp has finally enabled its Payment option in India. Similar to Google Pay, WhatsApp user can directly transfer and receive money using their Unified Payments Interface (UPI). So, if you are a citizen of India and want to send or receive money through WhatsApp then we have a guide explaining the entire process in the simplest way possible.
WhatsApp Pay: How to set up payments on WhatsApp
In order to send or receive money through WhatsApp, you need to link your bank account to your WhatsApp number first. Notably, WhatsApp Pay supports almost all major banks in India. The best thing about WhatsApp Pay is you can transfer and receive money to users even if you don’t have a UPI account set up with your bank. If you don’t have UPI Id then WhatsApp will create it for you.
Here’s how to create UPI ID on WhatsApp:
- Open WhatsApp
- Select the action overflow menu (three vertical dots on the top right corner of your screen).
- Hit Payments.
- Select Add new payment method.
- Now Accept and continue to get started.
- Choose your bank from the list. This must ideally be your primary UPI account.
- Now, you will have to verify your phone number. Make sure the WhatsApp number you are using is the same number registered with your bank account.
- Hit Verify through SMS to verify your bank account.
- Now, you will have to allow WhatsApp to verify the SIM card registered with your bank account. Now, hit allow again for WhatsApp to send texts to verify your account. WhatsApp will fetch all information and account registered with your WhatsApp number.
- Hit Done button to finish setting up WhatsApp Pay.
- Now, you will have a payment method listed on the payment page.
WhatsApp Pay Guide: How to send and receive money via WhatsApp
If you want to send and receive money on WhatsApp, it is very simple. Similar to Google Pay, you can see the Payment option in the conversation window.
In order to transfer money through WhatsApp, you need to follow these simple steps:
- Select the contact you want to transfer money to.
- In the chat window, select the clip icon.
- Choose Payment.
- Select the amount you would like to transfer.
- Enter your UPI Pin
- You will receive a confirmation message in the same conversation window once the transaction is completed.
That’s all you need to know about how to send and receive money through WhatsApp Pay. For more such guides, tips and tricks, Stay tuned to Games Adda.