The Vampire Diaries captured the attention of an entire generation when it arrived in 2009. It was basically the Twilight Saga but a lot edgier. While the complex story arc is definitely a reason behind the audience’s interest, another reason is the bad boy vampire Damon Salvatore. Actor Ian Somerhalder played Damon with such perfection that Vampire Diaries fans are still in love with the character. Today, we will be getting into all the details that Damon Salvator fans have always wanted to know.
Who Is Damon Salvatore?
Damon Salvatore is a vampire and the older brother of Stefan Salvator. He is the antagonist turned protagonist of the show. Born in 1839, Damon is now human after being injected with the cure. He became a vampire in 1864 and is a distant descendant of Silas, the world’s first immortal being. When Damon returns to Mystic Falls, it is mentioned the Salvatore brothers have been out of touch for fifteen years due to their turbulent relationship. He eventually becomes a part of the main storyline which follows the love triangle between him, Stefan and Elena.
Damon Salvatore Rule 34
Rule 34 is an infamous internet rule that applies to everything ever created from video games to TV characters. This rule states, “If it exists, there is p**n of it. No exceptions.” As per this rule, every content has an adult, 18+ version of it on the internet. Heartthrob Damon Salvatore was never going to be an exception to this rule. There is a lot of adulterous content relating to Damon Salvatore on the internet. This is quite a common trend now. In fact, Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe even read some of the adulterous fan fiction written about him. It is becoming a regular trend to have saucy content about TV and movie characters.
Damon Salvatore Car
Damon’s car has also gained quite a lot of popularity with the fans. It might not be as iconic as Dean Winchester’s 1967 Chevrolet Impala from Supernatural but it has still raised the curiosity of the Vampire Diaries audience. If you’re wondering what sort of car Damon Salvatore drives in the show, it is a basic 1969 Chevy Camaro Convertible. The car made its inaugural appearance in the show during Friday Night Bites when Damon dropped off Caroline at cheerleading practice.
Damon Salvatore Quotes
Damon had a lot of iconic lines in Vampire Diaries. Here are some of his most iconic quotes:
- To Stefan: ” Hello, brother.”
- To Stefan: “She took my breath away. Elena. She’s a dead ringer for Katherine. Is it working, Stefan? Being around her, being in her world? Does it make you feel alive?”
- To Stefan: “Tell me something, when’s the last time you had something stronger than a squirrel?”
- To Elena: “Oops. Well, I’m sure it’ll come up now. Or maybe he didn’t want to tell you because he didn’t want you to think he was on the rebound. We all know how those relationships end.”
- To Elena: “I’m a fatalist.”
- To Stefan: “Were you worried, Stefan? Scared we may be doomed to repeat the past? Isn’t that why you play your little game, “I’m a high school human”?”
- To Stefan: “Oh, there’s only one “do-gooder” role available. My bad. I’m sorry”
- To Jeremy: “Life sucks either way, Jeremy. But, at least if you’re a vampire, you don’t have to feel bad about it if you don’t want to.”
- To Katherine: “You know, I came to this town wanting to destroy it. Tonight, I found myself wanting to protect it. How does that happen? I’m not a hero, Elena. I don’t do good. It’s not in me.”
- To Katherine: “Because she did it for you. Which means that somewhere along the way, you decided that I was worth saving. And I wanted to thank you for that.”
- To Elena: “Really? Earlier, on the porch, we were talking, all cathartic, feelings exposed. Come on, we kissed, Elena.”
- To Stefan: “Woman certainly knows how to make an entrance.”
- To Elena: “Yes Bonnie, I would love to know why a non-vampire was tortured by the vampire torture device that you let John Gilbert use against us. Speaking of your guilt, how’s Caroline?”
- To Katherine: “I have a question. Answer it and it’s back to fireworks and rockets red glare. Answer it right and I’ll forget the last one hundred and forty five years that I’ve spent missing you. I’ll forget how much I loved you, I’ll forget everything and we can start over. This could be our defining moment because we have the time. That’s the beauty of eternity. I just need the truth, just once.”
- To Jeremy: “You want to shut out the pain? It’s the easiest thing in the world. The part of you that cares just goes away, all you have to do is flip the switch and snap!”
- To Stefan: “Are you worried that one day, all the forest animals are gonna band together and fight back? I mean, surely they talk.”
- To Elena: “No, I just have to say it once. You just need to hear it. I love you, Elena and it’s because I love you that… I can’t be selfish with you. Why you can’t know this. I don’t deserve you but my brother does. God, I wish you didn’t have to forget this but you do.”
- To Elena: “Yeah, you should learn to knock. What if I was…indecent?”
- To Elena: “No, you stop, Elena! Stop looking for him. Stop waiting for him to come home. Just stop! Stefan is gone and he’s not coming back. Not in your lifetime.”
- To Elena: “Happy Birthday, Elena. Stefan killed Andie. Cake?”
- To Elena: “What’s your big plan, Elena? Huh? You gonna walk through a campsite full of werewolves, roast a marshmallow, and wait for Stefan to stop by?”
- To Elena: “Because when I drag my brother from the edge and deliver him back to you, I want you to remember the things you felt while he was gone. Good night, Elena.”
- To Elena: “I was around. Chicago’s a big city. Stefan was a cocky ripper douche. But I could avoid him and still indulge in a few Daisy Buchanans of my own.”
- To Gloria: “Gloria. Damn! If I knew you were going to age like this, I would have stuck around.”
- To Stefan: ” For us to have our epic goodbye, Stefan?”
- To Elena: “Yeah, I get it. Stefan, it’s always gonna be Stefan.”
- To Elena: “But you wouldn’t be! And you would have gotten to grow up and had the life that you wanted; the life that you deserved. And I know that I didn’t use to get that but I do now and I wanted that for you, Elena, and I would have gladly have given it to you and let Matt die; because I am that selfish. But you knew that already. The first night we met is not all that you remember.”
- To Stefan: “Then you better hope she’s not a fan of Bambi.”
- To Alaric: “They’re floating lanterns in the sky, can you believe that? A Japanese lantern is a symbol of letting go of the past. Well, here’s a news flash, we’re not Japanese! Do you know what they are? Children. Like lighting a candle is going to make everything okay or even saying a prayer or pretending Elena is not going to end up just like the rest of us murderous vampires. Stupid, delusional, exasperating, little children. I know what you’re going to say; “It makes them feel better, Damon.” So what? For how long? A minute, a day? What differences does it make? Because in the end, when you lose somebody; every candle, every prayer is not going to make up for the fact that the only thing that you have left is a hole in your life where that somebody that you cared about used to be. And a rock with a birthday carved into it that I’m pretty sure is wrong. So, thanks, friend. Thanks for leaving me here to babysit, because I should have been long gone by now. I didn’t get the girl, remember? I’m just stuck here fighting with my brother and taking care of the kids. You owe me big.”
- To Silas: “If I have to hear the word ‘doppelgänger’ one more time, I think I’m gonna actually have to learn how to spell it”.
- To Jeremy: “How exactly did the Gilbert-Donovan brain trust put all that together? Never mind, it doesn’t matter. Just hide her. If Silas wants her bad enough to sic the whole town on her, that means we want her more. Stay out of sight—you were the last person who Silas saw her with.”
- To Elena: “What, you think I am? I mean, no one tells me how I live my life, no one tells me who I love, especially not some vindictive prehistoric witch, and definitely not the universe. And I’m not gonna let someone else’s idea of destiny stop me from loving you or being with you or building a future with you, because you are my life.”
- To Elena: “You take one philosophy class, now you’re the queen of nature versus nurture?”
- To Elena: “Lady Anne Boleyn. Now, who in their right mind would cut off a head so gorgeous?”
- To Nadia: “The nicest thing that Katherine Pierce will ever do is feeding the maggots that feast on her flesh. Give it up. You’re not giving her back.”
- To Markos: “I’d invite you to stay for dinner, but I’m not very familiar with traveler cuisine. Although I’m sure it involves a lot of trail mix and gruel.”
- To Elena: “Even if I wanted to apologize, you couldn’t hear me. So I won’t.”
- To Elena: “And this conversation is pretty much the smart, level-headed you talking to the irrational possible drug addict you. Which is clear evidence of your insanity.”
- To Bonnie: “You know, I am acutely aware that we are in some otherworldly time dimension. However, do you ever think for one second that maybe it’s you being negative reacting to my natural self negative-ly?”
- To Bonnie: “First of all. Don’t nickname, that’s my thing….And this proof….This mysteriously filled in crossword could very easily have been you.”
- To Kai: “This has been a monumentally bad day in a sea of bad days, so I’m gonna need to know who you are, what you’re doing here, and how it relates to me, or I’m gonna rip your throat out.”
- To Kai: “Oh my god, just answer the damn question. How are we going to get out of this Twilight Zone? “
- To Kai: “The only reason that you’re alive right now is because I thought you could get us out of here and you could help us. But you don’t HAVE any answers! You’re just a man-child….with jam on your fingers!”
- To Stefan: “Because I’m not dead, Stefan. I mean, this stuff’s good, but it’s not “I see dead people” good. Heh….Heh. It’s a hell of a long story, brother, but… I’m back. I’m back….Yeah….I’m back, Stefan…”
- To Stefan: “I just need to see her Stefan. Our eyes will meet, fireworks will go off, and the balance of nature will be restored. She loves me!”
- To Elena: “Okay, I’ll start. I know Alaric eternal sunshined our relationship out of your brain but please, please tell me it’s coming back. Or at least part of it, because…imagining this exact moment is what got me through the last few months.”
- To Bonnie: “The first second, I thought of how amazing it would feel to have Elena in my arms again. By second number two, I was kissing her…And by the third, I remember you’re my best friend, and that if anything ever happened to you, I would lose my mind. So, yes, Bonnie, I do know how long three seconds are.”
- To Stefan: “Just so we’re clear, I’m taking the master bedroom. Carol Lockwood and I had a little thing. I think she’d want me to have it. Let’s open some windows, too. It reeks of dog in here. Which is impressive, considering Tyler’s been with Jeremy for months.”
- To Stefan: “Have no fear! I have a call in with the registrar’s office, and I will find out who, exactly does own the house in a matter of minutes, at which point we kill said person, storm the castle, and save your damsel.”
- To Bonnie: “Burning that bastard’s body would’ve been too good for Lily. I want to give her that man she’s cherished and loved and missed for a hundred years. I want her to run into Julian’s arms, and I want her to remember what it feels like to have him returned. I want her to taste true happiness… And then, I want to rip his head off right in front of her. I want to break her heart. I want to break her spirit. I want to destroy her.”
- To Bonnie: “Well, glad to see you boarding this train to Crazytown, Bonnie Bennett! I was getting lonely all by myself.”
- Damon: “Huh. Looks like mom raised her man crush from the dead.”
Damon Salvatore Shirtless Scenes
Damon Salvatore raised the temperature a lot in Vampire Diaries with his shirtless scenes. While there are a lot of shirtless scenes of Daman Salvatore in Vampire Diaries, there are a few that stand out among the rest. We will list a few of these scenes below.
This was a long-awaited moment for Vampire Diaries fans that had been rooting for Damon and Elena to get together. The fact that Elena is sired to Damon only escalates the whole situation.
This scene came completely out of nowhere and took fans by surprise. Damon in a shower was definitely a bolder scene than VD fans were ready for at the moment. Despite its complete randomness (or due to it), it got a lot of hearts racing.
Casual Towel Walk by Scene
This show loved to throw in random Damon Salvatore scenes without his shirt on. We are sure the fan-girls aren’t complaining. This was also completely random and happened when the Heretics came to the Salvatore residence.
Delena Kiss Scene
This was a swoon-worthy moment for many Vampire Diaries fans. It commemorated the first real Delena kiss and showed off the chemistry between the two lead actors.
Damon Tease Scene
Damon and Elena had good chemistry but it rose ten-fold whenever Damon decided to tease her. This scene is one such situation. While Elena tries to make things work with Stefan, Damon tries to turn the tide in his favour by doing a little tease show. He even breaks out the iconic, “You staying for the show, or?” It was a very charged moment and fans enjoyed every second of it.
If you loved Damon Salvatore in Vampire Diaries, you would love these Anime hotties. Check out the Top 10 Anime Guys That You Will Fall In Love With.